Thank you for the kind welcome back. It's nice to know there are still people out there interested in checking in on me. It is much appreciated.
This past week was filled with odd occurrences, not the least of which was my darling puppy getting her right eye scratched by one of our cats. The event went something like this:
- cat runs up to dog and scratches her eye
- dog lets out agonizing whine
- dog's eye starts dropping tears
- Mary looks at dog's eye and FREAKS OUT
- Mary's freaking out scares the dog even more
- Mary starts running around the house trying to get her brain to function because, apparently, in trauma situations, Mary loses all brain function and ability to breathe.
- Eric arrives home and calmly assesses the situation.
- Mary continues to freak out because she can't breathe
- Eric calmly calls vet and finds out what we need to do
- All to go vet
- Mary cries the whole time
As you may be able to tell, I don't handle crisis situations very well. The good news is Zoey has a good prognosis. I'm still extremely worried, fussing over her at every opportunity, but she should be okay.
Poor little girl:
Now, I'll leave you with some photos from a walk in the neighborhood over the weekend. Spring officially begins this week, and the signs of its arrival are everywhere. I couldn't be more pleased.